Yvonne found the demo CD with her father's unreleased songs after Gunter Gabriel's death while cleaning out his beloved houseboat. Somehow she couldn't shake the feeling of actually releasing this demo CD at some point, to complete his artistic work and pay her last respects to her father.
Yvonne Gabriel has a mission. Strictly speaking, it's two: she wants to keep the memories of her late father Gunter Gabriel alive and at the same time be a shining example for all women. That's why she published a book about her famous family member in the spring of 2022 and now, just under a year later, presents a new album together. It is called 'Denkmal' and also features Yvonne and Gunter Gabriel as a vocal duet.
The recordings were made posthumously, of course. Nevertheless, on 'Denkmal' you learn a lot about the unforgotten German musician, about his wild life, but also his big heart for the homeless, for lonely truckers, for the stranded and lost of our society. Yvonne says: "In a way, my father was a street dog himself, a punk, a revolutionary and old warhorse. His songs have always reflected this in an absolutely authentic way." At the same time, 'Denkmal' also reveals Yvonne Gabriel's great social empathy, her views, her fighter's heart and her role as an encouraging example for other women.
1. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Nimm mich wie ich bin
2. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Tanz mit mir
3. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Meine Helden
4. Gunter Gabriel - Wenn Weihnachten auf Ostern fällt
5. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Auch im Bentley wird geweint
6. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Was wärt ihr Männer
7. Yvonne Gabriel - Komm unter meine Decke
8. Gunter Gabriel - Ich bin Dein Mann
9. Yvonne & Gunter Gabriel - Denkmal
10. Yvonne Gabriel - My Way
11 Yvonne Gabriel - Komm unter meine Decke / Tanzversion
12. Gunter Gabriel - Merci Cherie